Escape frustration by optimizing your live production, broadcast, and corporate audiovisual with smart technologies that simplify workflows and reduce costs
Thanks for your support throughout this project (Ryder Cup Golf Tournament). Not only was the gear great, but the VidOvation support was also excellent. Looking forward to doing more in the future.
Even with my 33 years of experience, I have never seen anything to compare with the PRO and the new flexibility we have in covering breaking news. Without having to deploy a truck, we can be much more spontaneous since we don’t have to look for high ground that’s free of trees or power lines. With just a couple of button pushes, we can be up and running to transmit a live shot from anywhere… The PRO has opened up a world of new possibilities for live shots not just for breaking news but also for sports and local events.
Expect at-home remote production (REMI) without the headaches
Create more Live Content while saving costs
Demand frame-accurate genlock and lip-sync across many handheld and untethered cameras
IPTV & digital signage systems that save rack space
Expect industry-approved Verimatrix or Pro:Idiom DRM & encryption
Integrate a custom TV distribution system into your existing network
Use Cinema Cameras in your live multicamera production
Learn how fiber-optic camera backs allow you to incorporate large-image-sensor digital cinema cameras into live multicamera productions
Eliminate cabling with wireless video, audio & data links
Demand a robust ultra-low latency, bi-directional radio with dynamic FEC & ARQ with fully integrated intercom & camera control
Live video communications for government agencies
Give your command-and-control a real-time video feed from the field
VidOvation excels in helping clients like you integrate custom video transmission, streaming, contribution, and distribution systems into existing infrastructure, with the ability to satisfy almost any application or budget.
We apply proven expertise to your complete project life-cycle from consulting and management to engineering and design, to warranty and support.
VidOvation helps professionals like you simplify your workflows and save costs in production, broadcasting, streaming, fiber optics, wireless, IP television distribution, and digital signage systems.
You can save costs with At-Home Remote Production technology using cellular, the public Internet, managed networks, and microwave while maintaining frame-accurate genlock and seamless lip-sync across many handheld and untethered cameras.
Your facility can reduce rack space by using our IPTV and digital signage systems to distribute live television, cable TV, satellite, studio feeds, stage feeds, and digital signage over your corporate network. You can eliminate cabling with wireless video, audio, and data links. When you’ve got to have a robust ultra-low latency, bi-directional radio with dynamic FEC and ARQ with fully integrated intercom and camera control, we can help.
Let VidOvation serve you like Riot Games, Bassmasters, Bally Sports, Big Ten Network, PGA, ABC, Big Fish Entertainment, MGM, Wolf Entertainment, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Paramount, US Marine Corps, State of Michigan, Compass Christian Church and BAMF Health.
VidOvation is a leading technology integrator of video, audio, and data transmission, contribution, and distribution systems serving the broadcast television, sports, production, corporate AV, first responders, and government markets.
Encompassing Emmy award-winning bonded cellular, wireless video, video streaming, video over IP, encoding, IP probing, monitoring & multiviewer, enterprise IPTV, Verimatrix & Pro:Idiom digital rights management (DRM) & encryption, digital signage, and fiber-optic communications systems, VidOvation solutions improve video transmissions by removing the frustrations of signal loss, latency, interference, noise, and security issues.
Discover how Technology as a Service eliminates obsolescence and preserves your budget.
Servicing Over 100 Companies Around The Globe
In addition to VidOvation manufactured products, we also represent great brands such as:
- Cobalt Digital
- TAG VS
Learn more about how VidOvation is moving video forward at vidovation.com/about.
What differentiates Haivision IP & Bonded Cellular Technology from the competition?
“The sad truth is that many important shots, news stories, sporting events and more are lost every day due to the deployment of inferior technology.
The simple answer is you will get more shots using Haivision technology!”
Jim Jachetta, CTO VidOvation
- Advanced HEVC Encoding – Customers say “It is the best video quality they have seen in an HEVC encoder”. The system supports 4:2:2 10 bits hardware HEVC.
- Patented High-gain Internal Antennas – Enables a stronger and more reliable signal with the cellular tower. The system’s superior design avoids interference from the coupling effect found in competing system when multiple antennas are in close proximity.
- High-Quality Cellular Modems – Any wireless system is only as good as the quality of its RF radios. Using the industries best cellular modems makes a difference. The competition uses $50 modems. Haivision uses $300 high-quality modems. The Haivision cellular modems connect faster and more reliably with support for more frequency bands including the extended bands deployed by Verizon and other carriers. The competition does not support these extended frequency bands.
- Dual High-Quality Encoders – A second encoder dedicated to recording provides a better quality recording on the camera side. The competition has a single encoder for both recording and transmission. When the system is in a fringe area and the transmission is at a low bit rate, both the transmission and the recording will be of low quality. By having a second encoder, the Haivision system will always have a high quality and high bitrate recording under all transmission conditions.
- Robust Bonded Cellular & IP Transport – Haivision developed an Emmy Award-winning highly robust transport protocol called SafeStreams. It is ideal for the transmission of video audio and data over unmanaged networks such as cellular and the public Internet.
- Dynamic 2D Forward Error Correction (FEC) – Adds redundancy to the transport stream when needed. Automatically turns off when not needed to preserve more bandwidth for higher video quality.
- Packet Re-requests (ARQ) – When FEC is not available or unable to recover lost packets, the decoder engages ARQ to request the re-transmission of lost packets automatically.
- Variable Video Bit Rate – The system automatically adapts to changing network conditions. When the receiving decoder senses a decrease in available bandwidth, it sends instructions to the transmission encoder to lower the bit rate. Based on the available throughput and bandwidth the system continually adjusts the video bit rate. This technique prevents interruptions in video transmission while maximizing the available throughput to achieve the highest video quality.
- Transport over the Public Internet – Many customers can save the cost of expensive Satellite, Telecom and fiber optic transport and use the low-cost Public Internet for reliable video transport by using Haivision technology.
- At-home Remote Production or REMI – Turner Sports transported 20 live video feeds between Paris and Atlanta over the Public Internet while maintaining perfect Gen-lock and Lip-sync across all 20 cameras. Turner Sports was able to minimize personnel and equipment at the remote production site producing the entire show thousands of miles away in Atlanta.
- External Antennas – Passive & Active – When operating Haivision PRO Series field encoders with bonded cellular connectivity there are certain situations where an external cellular antenna is needed. When transmitting from inside a vehicle, the metal body can block or attenuate the RF cellular signal. The PRO series supports up to 2 QUAD external passive antennas. Haivision has introduced the QUAD CellLink active antenna with four high quality internal cellular modems. The QUAD CellLink can be used to add cellular connectivity to products such as the HE4000 HEVC HD and 4K Encoder.
- Advanced Store & Forward – The Haivision product line simultaneously supports Progressive Store and Forward. A high-resolution video file can be recorded locally in the PRO or AIR Field Encoder and Transmitter. The file can be immediately and continuously forwarded to the receiver in master control or can be forwarded at a later time. This feature is ideal if you’re in a location without any cellular connectivity. The advanced recording and storing capabilities of the Haivision PRO and AIR field encoder’s gives the ability to broadcast live in a fringe area at a lower bit rate while simultaneously recording at a high bit rate using the second encoder. In this situation, a low-resolution proxy can be broadcast live followed by a higher resolution recording that is automatically pushed to master control to air later in the broadcast as an alternative to the lower bit rate live video.
- Advance File-Based Workflow – Please read the blog post “Accelerated Video & Photo File Transfer – AFP Delivers Real-Time Coverage of 2018 Tour de France” To learn more about Haivision’S advanced file-based workflow.
- Cloud-Based Management – The Manager is a powerful application that enables broadcasters and video professionals to monitor and manage an entire Haivision live video contribution system including fields units (PRO Series, AIR Series, HE Series, RACK1 Series, and MOJOPRO Series), StreamHub transceivers, as well as third-party equipment. The Manager transforms remote live video production and news gathering by enabling an operator to manage and control a large number of devices through the intuitive web-based user interface of a single tool. It can be deployed on-premise or operated as a cloud-based solution and brings simplicity, flexibility, and efficiency to any news or live video production organization.
- Advanced Receiver Functions – The Haivision StreamHub receiver and distribution platform is a single 1RU appliance that decodes, transcode and encodes both HD and 4K video.
- Highest Input & Output Density – The StreamHub supports up to 16 inputs for field encoders and transmitters with up to 32 IP outputs and 4 SDI outputs. The competition does not come close to the density of the StreamHub receiver, decoder, and encoder. This translates into savings and rack space, electricity and HVAC. The Haivision StreamHub is a versatile receiver, decoder, playout, and distribution platform or cloud-based service, supporting a large panel of functions and protocols for the easiest integration in existing workflows.
- SDI & HDMI inputs – It is common for photographers to use a wide variety of cameras throughout the workday. Photographers and engineers asked for an autosensing SDI and HDMI input. Whichever input is active, the Haivision field encoder and transmitter will automatically select it. This prevents mistakes where a camera operator will select the wrong video input.
- Gen.-lock and Lip-sync – The Haivision family of field encoders and transmitters all maintain perfect video and audio Gen-lock and Lip–sync across Cellular Networks and the Public Internet. This is ideal for multi-camera remote field production. A perfect example of this technology in action is the work VidOvation and Haivision are done with the team at Big Fish Entertainment and A&E for cable TVs number one show “Live PD”.
- Alternative to Expensive Satellite, Telecom & Fiber – Many VidOvation customers are using Haivision technology to save on satellite, fiber and telecom costs. The Haivision safe streams unique transport protocol cuts contribution and distribution costs in multicamera, Live-Action Productions making the impossible possible.
- Bonded Cellular Hotspot & Remote Internet Access – Customers are always asking for better connectivity when in the field. The Haivision choose one family of field encoders and transmitters are optimized for the transport of video and audio. Now Haivision has a solution for the growing demand for a bonded cellular hotspot or Internet connection when working in the field. Customers can now have a reliable Internet connection when working in the field for other production activities such as email, VPN, browsing the web and more. VidOvation
How many cellular and IP connections does the Haivision PRO380 provide?
What are the low latency or low delay wireless video options?
The VidOlink Reacher family has options to transmit video 400, 1500 or 3000 feet with less than 3 msec latency. Visit the VidOlink Reacher 400, VidOlink Reacher 1500 and VidOlink reacher 3000. The VidOlink Reacher features good video quality at a moderate price point.
For longer distances and the best Broadcast quality, the ABonAIR AB512 and AB507 transmit up to 2-mile range with 7 msec latency. The AB512 Camera Mount Wireless Video Link includes Intercom and Camera Control. The AB507 Camera Mount Wireless Video Link is a lower cost video only alternative to the AB512.
What TV content integrates with the VidOvation TV In-house IPTV & Digital Signage system?
Do I need Digital Rights Management (DRM) for my In-house IPTV system?
DirecTV and Dish Network will not turn off Pri:Idiom encryption unless you have an approved DRM system or digital rights management system such as Verimatrix DRM. You want to make sure you ask your IPTV vendor, “Do you have an approved DRM system approved by DirecTV, Dish Network, and your Local Cable TV operator?” The VidOvation TV DRM system is approved by DirecTV, Dish Network, and all local Cable TV providers. DirecTV, Dish Network, Cable TV and the Studios all mandate encryption of all television IP streams with an approved DRM system. The goal is to prevent copyright violations. The VidOvation TV System supported the native Pro:Idiom DRM and the industry approved and accepted Verimatrix DRM.
What display devices can I use with my VidOvation TV In-house IPTV & Digital Signage system?
Can I integrate Digital Signage into the VidOvation TV Enterprise IPTV System?
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
Visit VidOvation at NAB NY 2023 | Live Video Production, At-Home, REMI, Broadcasting, Wireless, IPTV, Digital Signage & Streaming Systems
Book a meeting at NAB NY with VidOvation CTO, Jim Jachetta. Learn what’s new from VidOvation and our partners at NAB NY 2022
See the VidOlink Reacher II 4200 in action by KABC 7 for coverage of the Huntington Beach July 4th Parade. Starting in 1904, The Huntington Beach Fourth of July Parade has been a tradition for over a century. The parade commemorated the arrival of the first passenger training connecting Huntington Beach to Long Beach and Los Angeles. KABC / ABC7 served as the official broadcasting partner for the 119th annual parade.
Download this checklist to find out about the many considerations that go into designing an expert-level wireless system, including: Whether the location has existing Wi-Fi. Determining any interference or obstructions. Need for integrated camera control or intercom. Total distance covered.