Live video production, cloud, broadcasting, streaming, IPTV, & signage systems that simplify your workflow & save costs
Thanks for your support throughout this project (Ryder Cup Golf Tournament). Not only was the gear great, but the VidOvation support was also excellent. Looking forward to doing more in the future.
Expect at-home remote production (REMI) without the headaches
Create more Live Content while saving costs
Demand frame-accurate genlock & lip-sync across multiple untethered cameras
Ensure legal compliance in your in-house IPTV & digital signage system
Expect industry-approved Verimatrix or Pro:Idiom DRM & encryption
Integrate a custom TV distribution system in your existing infrastructure
Eliminate the clutter of cabling with wireless video, audio & data links
Demand a robust ultra-low latency, bi-directional radio with dynamic FEC & ARQ with fully integrated intercom & camera control
Live video communications for government agencies
Give your command-and-control real-time eyes in the field
VidOvation excels in helping clients like you integrate custom video transmission, streaming, contribution, and distribution systems into existing infrastructure, with the ability to satisfy almost any application or budget.
We apply proven expertise to your complete project life-cycle from consulting and management to engineering and design, to warranty and support.
VidOvation is a leading technology integrator of video, audio, and data transmission, contribution, and distribution systems serving the broadcast television, sports, production, corporate AV, first responders, and government markets.
Encompassing Emmy award-winning bonded cellular, wireless video, video streaming, video over IP, encoding, IP probing, monitoring & multiviewer, enterprise IPTV, Verimatrix & Pro:Idiom digital rights management (DRM) & encryption, digital signage, and fiber-optic communications systems, VidOvation solutions improve video transmissions by removing the frustrations of signal loss, latency, interference, noise, and security issues.
Servicing Over 100 Companies Around The Globe
In addition to VidOvation manufactured products, we also represent great brands such as:
- Cobalt Digital
- TAG VS
Learn more about how VidOvation is moving video forward at vidovation.com/about.
What differentiates AVIWEST IP & Bonded Cellular Technology from the competition?
“The sad truth is that many important shots, news stories, sporting events and more are lost every day due to the deployment of inferior technology.
The simple answer is you will get more shots using AVIWEST technology!”
Jim Jachetta, CTO VidOvation
- Advanced HEVC Encoding – Customers say “It is the best video quality they have seen in an HEVC encoder”. The system supports 4:2:2 10 bits hardware HEVC.
- Patented High-gain Internal Antennas – Enables a stronger and more reliable signal with the cellular tower. The system’s superior design avoids interference from the coupling effect found in competing system when multiple antennas are in close proximity.
- High-Quality Cellular Modems – Any wireless system is only as good as the quality of its RF radios. Using the industries best cellular modems makes a difference. The competition uses $50 modems. AVIWEST uses $300 high-quality modems. The AVIWEST cellular modems connect faster and more reliably with support for more frequency bands including the extended bands deployed by Verizon and other carriers. The competition does not support these extended frequency bands.
- Dual High-Quality Encoders – A second encoder dedicated to recording provides a better quality recording on the camera side. The competition has a single encoder for both recording and transmission. When the system is in a fringe area and the transmission is at a low bit rate, both the transmission and the recording will be of low quality. By having a second encoder, the AVIWEST system will always have a high quality and high bitrate recording under all transmission conditions.
- Robust Bonded Cellular & IP Transport – AVIWEST developed an Emmy Award-winning highly robust transport protocol called SafeStreams. It is ideal for the transmission of video audio and data over unmanaged networks such as cellular and the public Internet.
- Dynamic 2D Forward Error Correction (FEC) – Adds redundancy to the transport stream when needed. Automatically turns off when not needed to preserve more bandwidth for higher video quality.
- Packet Re-requests (ARQ) – When FEC is not available or unable to recover lost packets, the decoder engages ARQ to request the re-transmission of lost packets automatically.
- Variable Video Bit Rate – The system automatically adapts to changing network conditions. When the receiving decoder senses a decrease in available bandwidth, it sends instructions to the transmission encoder to lower the bit rate. Based on the available throughput and bandwidth the system continually adjusts the video bit rate. This technique prevents interruptions in video transmission while maximizing the available throughput to achieve the highest video quality.
- Transport over the Public Internet – Many customers can save the cost of expensive Satellite, Telecom and fiber optic transport and use the low-cost Public Internet for reliable video transport by using AVIWEST technology.
- At-home Remote Production or REMI – Turner Sports transported 20 live video feeds between Paris and Atlanta over the Public Internet while maintaining perfect Gen-lock and Lip-sync across all 20 cameras. Turner Sports was able to minimize personnel and equipment at the remote production site producing the entire show thousands of miles away in Atlanta.
- External Antennas – Passive & Active – When operating AVIWEST PRO Series field encoders with bonded cellular connectivity there are certain situations where an external cellular antenna is needed. When transmitting from inside a vehicle, the metal body can block or attenuate the RF cellular signal. The PRO series supports up to 2 QUAD external passive antennas. AVIWEST has introduced the QUAD CellLink active antenna with four high quality internal cellular modems. The QUAD CellLink can be used to add cellular connectivity to products such as the HE4000 HEVC HD and 4K Encoder.
- Advanced Store & Forward – The AVIWEST product line simultaneously supports Progressive Store and Forward. A high-resolution video file can be recorded locally in the PRO or AIR Field Encoder and Transmitter. The file can be immediately and continuously forwarded to the receiver in master control or can be forwarded at a later time. This feature is ideal if you’re in a location without any cellular connectivity. The advanced recording and storing capabilities of the AVIWEST PRO and AIR field encoder’s gives the ability to broadcast live in a fringe area at a lower bit rate while simultaneously recording at a high bit rate using the second encoder. In this situation, a low-resolution proxy can be broadcast live followed by a higher resolution recording that is automatically pushed to master control to air later in the broadcast as an alternative to the lower bit rate live video.
- Advance File-Based Workflow – Please read the blog post “Accelerated Video & Photo File Transfer – AFP Delivers Real-Time Coverage of 2018 Tour de France” To learn more about AVIWEST’S advanced file-based workflow.
- Cloud-Based Management – The Manager is a powerful application that enables broadcasters and video professionals to monitor and manage an entire AVIWEST live video contribution system including fields units (PRO Series, AIR Series, HE Series, RACK1 Series, and MOJOPRO Series), StreamHub transceivers, as well as third-party equipment. The Manager transforms remote live video production and news gathering by enabling an operator to manage and control a large number of devices through the intuitive web-based user interface of a single tool. It can be deployed on-premise or operated as a cloud-based solution and brings simplicity, flexibility, and efficiency to any news or live video production organization.
- Advanced Receiver Functions – The AVIWEST StreamHub receiver and distribution platform is a single 1RU appliance that decodes, transcode and encodes both HD and 4K video.
- Highest Input & Output Density – The StreamHub supports up to 16 inputs for field encoders and transmitters with up to 32 IP outputs and 4 SDI outputs. The competition does not come close to the density of the StreamHub receiver, decoder, and encoder. This translates into savings and rack space, electricity and HVAC. The AviWest StreamHub is a versatile receiver, decoder, playout, and distribution platform or cloud-based service, supporting a large panel of functions and protocols for the easiest integration in existing workflows.
- SDI & HDMI inputs – It is common for photographers to use a wide variety of cameras throughout the workday. Photographers and engineers asked for an autosensing SDI and HDMI input. Whichever input is active, the AVIWEST field encoder and transmitter will automatically select it. This prevents mistakes where a camera operator will select the wrong video input.
- Gen.-lock and Lip-sync – The AVIWEST family of field encoders and transmitters all maintain perfect video and audio Gen-lock and Lip–sync across Cellular Networks and the Public Internet. This is ideal for multi-camera remote field production. A perfect example of this technology in action is the work VidOvation and AVIWEST are done with the team at Big Fish Entertainment and A&E for cable TVs number one show “Live PD”.
- Alternative to Expensive Satellite, Telecom & Fiber – Many VidOvation customers are using AVIWEST technology to save on satellite, fiber and telecom costs. The AviWest safe streams unique transport protocol cuts contribution and distribution costs in multicamera, Live-Action Productions making the impossible possible.
- Bonded Cellular Hotspot & Remote Internet Access – Customers are always asking for better connectivity when in the field. The AVIWEST choose one family of field encoders and transmitters are optimized for the transport of video and audio. Now AviWest has a solution for the growing demand for a bonded cellular hotspot or Internet connection when working in the field. Customers can now have a reliable Internet connection when working in the field for other production activities such as email, VPN, browsing the web and more. VidOvation
How many cellular and IP connections does the AVIWEST PRO380 provide?
What are the low latency or low delay wireless video options?
The VidOlink Reacher family has options to transmit video 400, 1500 or 3000 feet with less than 3 msec latency. Visit the VidOlink Reacher 400, VidOlink Reacher 1500 and VidOlink reacher 3000. The VidOlink Reacher features good video quality at a moderate price point.
For longer distances and the best Broadcast quality, the ABonAIR AB512 and AB507 transmit up to 2-mile range with 7 msec latency. The AB512 Camera Mount Wireless Video Link includes Intercom and Camera Control. The AB507 Camera Mount Wireless Video Link is a lower cost video only alternative to the AB512.
What TV content integrates with the VidOvation TV In-house IPTV & Digital Signage system?
Do I need Digital Rights Management (DRM) for my In-hose IPTV system?
DirecTV and Dish Network will not turn off Pri:Idiom encryption unless you have an approved DRM system or digital rights management system such as Verimatrix DRM. You want to make sure you ask your IPTV vendor, “Do you have an approved DRM system approved by DirecTV, Dish Network, and your Local Cable TV operator?” The VidOvation TV DRM system is approved by DirecTV, Dish Network, and all local Cable TV providers. DirecTV, Dish Network, Cable TV and the Studios all mandate encryption of all television IP streams with an approved DRM system. The goal is to prevent copyright violations. The VidOvation TV System supported the native Pro:Idiom DRM and the industry approved and accepted Verimatrix DRM.
What display devices can I use with my VidOvation TV In-house IPTV & Digital Signage system?
Can I integrate Digital Signage into the VidOvation TV Enterprise IPTV System?
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
Investing in the right audiovisual technology for your firm is expensive enough, never mind keeping up with technological advances. New equipment that is better and produces higher quality broadcasts or recordings is being made all the time. Even when you want to...
The short answer is NO! Technology-as-a-service, hardware-as-a-service, device-as-a-service, and related-as-a-service solutions are not the same as a lease. Many think they are the same it is just marketing or leasing rebranded. However, there are two dramatic...
Technology-as-a-service is an option to get the technology you need in a way that may be more convenient for you. Like software-as-a-service, when you use TaaS, you don’t own the technology, just as you wouldn’t own the software. However, that comes with benefits,...