VEN-5200 – Dual-Channel, MPEG-4 AVC Encoder Card
Dual-Channel MPEG-4 Encoder Card for Analog and Digital Sources
- Encodes Digital (SDI) and Analog (Composite) Sources
- Dual Inputs Allow Two Separate or Simulcast Channels
- High Performance Real TIme MPEG-4 AVC Output
- Open Architecture, Non-Proprietary Codec Allows for Numerous No/Low Cost Viewer Options
- Resolution: 320×180 through 1080p/60 (add’l license(s) req’d for HD)
- Unicast and Multicast
- DVB-ASI and IP Outputs
- Audio: Embedded SDI, Unbalanced Analog & Dolby Digital AC-3 Pass Through
- Fits openGear™ Chassis
The VEN-5200 dual-channel MPEG-4 AVC encoder card brings superior performance to IPTV, broadcast, enterprise and PEG applications in an openGear™card format. Incorporating the latest in video compression technology, the VEN5200 ensures unsurpassed video quality at ultra low birates. Robust network transport is achieved using SMPTE 2022 forward error correction.
The VEN-5200 creates two streams from a single source or two separate sources. Each stream is independently adjustable for output resolution and data rate. Supported video networking protocols include: UDP, RTP, Direct HTTP and HTTP Live Streaming. This allows for reliable transport over all IP networks, whether unicasting or multicasting. The VEN-5200 is designed to operate on open architecture networks allowing compatibility with cost-saving commercially available set-top boxes, routing hardware, and VidOvation or third-party middleware (control software).
All these features are available in a openGear™ format card. A stackable stand alone equivalent (VEN-4200) is also offered for non-rack or low density installations.
Encoder Application Diagram:
IPTV Application Diagram:
Video Distribution through the Public Internet:
Web based Remote Video Monitoring: