Are you ready to upgrade your performance from Triax or Copper to Fiber Optic Cable?
Triax cable is simply an improvement of Coax cable using adding insulation and a secondary conducting sheath. It offers a means of sending a higher density signal with less interference. Although still commonly used, Triax is dwarfed by the improvements found in fiber optic cable.
There are many misperceptions regarding the use of fiber. It can be more costly to install, can be time-consuming and expensive to maintain (testing equipment, connectors, contacts), and you can’t do an amateur repair as easily as you can with Triax. Correctly installed fiber optics do not have these issues. Here you are reading this article, you have found enough reasons to justify moving forward with fiber optics, and we support you on that decision. The benefits of fiber are significant and many. If you are still on the fence, read more below.
The transmission of video, audio and data over fiber optic cables will always provide significant performance improvements.
Benefits of Fiber Optics vs. Triax / Copper:
- Noise Immunity
- Longer Distances
- More signals – Almost infinite bandwidth
- Smaller Size
- Less Weight
- Ease of Installation
- Higher ROI – Add more signals or 4K later
Getting started with fiber optics:
To get started, jot down the answers to these questions.
- How many cables will you need?
- How long will the cables need to be?
- Will you need a reeler spool?
- Do you require up to 3G or 4k transport capabilities?
- Does your intercom system use a 2-wire or 4-wire configuration?
- What type of fiber connectors do you need – ST, Expanded Beam, Neutrik OpticalCon Duo or SMPTE 304? (NOTE: Return power units are available in Neutrik OC and SMPTE 304 only.)
- Camera-Back Application?
- Do you need return power over the hybrid fiber cable to run the camera and fiber camera back?
- Do you need V-Mount or Anton Bauer battery plates on the portable on-camera unit? (The base unit is typically rack mounted.)
Once you have a handle on that, contact us and we can give you an idea of the required investment to up