Job Opening: Project Manager, Engineer & Installer for Audiovisual & Broadcast Television Projects
Location: Lake Forest, CA, USA
At VidOvation, we are 100% passionate about solving problems and making our customers happy! We are all about providing a delightful and consultative experience to our prospective customers. The solutions we are offering help our customers grow their businesses by building a more human connection with their employees, fans, and customers.
VidOvation’s client base includes broadcast and cable television, sports, production, pro-AV, corporate, security, government, and teleconferencing. We are a fast-growing company with expanding markets worldwide. There is room for growth and career advancement within VidOvation. If you are looking to help grow a fast expanding and talented team, in one of the most exciting industries, VidOvation may the place for you.
VidOvation is seeking a Project Manager with +8 years’ experience in the audiovisual and broadcast television industries.
The primary objective of this role is to manage, design, configure, setup, install, test and support the VidOvation family of hardware and software products. Skills in Broadcast, Audiovisual, Information Technology, Computers and Networking are required for this position. Responsibilities include the project management, installation, setup, testing, and support of video and audio communications systems, including IPTV, video over IP, bonded cellular, wireless, and fiber optics.
The type of business we are building
We work hard to ensure VidOvation is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We also care deeply about upholding and staying true to our company values – Moving Video Forward with excellence in problem-solving, amazing service and support, passion and determination, team and family spirit, economy, creativity, open communications, and honesty.
We know the biggest investment we can make is to our employees, so we provide
- A base salary of $60K to $85K depending on the potential impact to the business.
- Annual bonus based on an exceptional performance.
- Vacation of 2 weeks and 3 weeks for the first and second years, respectively.
- A 401K retirement plan with employer matching of up to 4% of compensation.
- Access to health benefits with partial company subsidy.
VidOvation Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
We are MOST interested in YOU if
- You can engage in meaningful dialogue with the customer to find any pain points and determine the best solution.
- You can engage and coordinate with clients, stakeholders, account managers, manufacturers, and colleagues to deliver world-class audiovisual and broadcast
- You can work independently without intensive oversight – must be a go-getter and take the initiative regularly finding ways to avoid problems proactively rather than just fixing them after the fact
- You can create documentation including bill of materials, flow diagrams, scopes of work, proposals, quotations, requests for information, submittals, and requests for change.
- You love working onsite with customers supporting the system integration and installation.
- You stay consistently aware of the financial status of the project and prepare financial reports, including forecasts and projections for the various project.
- You provide the client with exceptional technical support, system troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- 8+ years as a successful project manager
- Experience with system design, engineering, and integration
Responsibilities and Expectations
- The design and engineer of advanced audio-visual and broadcast television systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Forge long-standing customer relationships.
- Passionate about your customers and are willing to propose the best solution.
- Track the status of the project and the relevant contractual requirements including RFIs, submittals, changes, and closeouts.
- Collaborate on strategic discussions with company management
- Business travel to customers installations, industry tradeshows, customer demonstrations is expected to be up to 50% of the time.
- Setup and perform product demonstrations for the sales team.
- Perform detailed site surveys
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Blubeam, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, and Visio.
- Capacity to work on various tasks simultaneously
- The ability to work in a team environment
- IT and Network configuration experience.
- Initiative and ability to research problems independently, finding root cause
- Emphasis on sharing of knowledge through good communications, peer training and written documentation
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
- Focused on quality
- Committed to continual improvement
- CTS or CTS-I Certification required
- CTS-D Certification a plus and needs to qualify within 6 months of joining VidOvation.