Axia Livewire+ AES67 IP Audio Driver
Livewire+ AES67 IP-Audio Driver Overview
The Axia Livewire+ AES67 IP-Audio Driver is one of the first AES67-Compliant* IP Drivers. It lets you send and record single or multiple channels of stereo PC audio directly to and from Axia networks via Ethernet — no sound cards needed. Up to 24 channels of stereo audio can be sent simultaneously over a single CAT-5 Ethernet connection.
* One of our goals at the Telos Alliance is to further the adoption of AES67, the standard for Audio over IP designed to allow interoperability between various IP-based audio networking systems. And while these two words may sound the same, the differences between AES67 compliance and compatibility is huge. AES67, like all standards, can be minimally implemented. And when standards are minimally implemented, they minimally get the job done. Simply put, compliance means that every single aspect of the AES67 standard—like Unicast mode, for example—is met. Livewire+ AES67 is fully AES67-compliant.
Livewire+ AES67 IP-Audio Driver Features
- One of the first AES67-compliant IP-audio drivers.
- Sends audio sources to the Livewire® / Livewire+ AES67 network from PC/Windows audio applications such as multichannel delivery systems and other audio players.
- Receives audio from the Livewire / Livewire+ AES67 network to destinations on the PC/Windows system, such as audio recording applications.
- GPIO function conveys “button-press” data from the Livewire /Livewire+ AES67 network to destination applications; i.e., a console fader start button can command a PC/Windows-based audio player to start playback.
- The Axia Livewire+ AES67 IP-Audio Driver single-stream version emulates a standard sound card, with one stereo audio output device and one stereo audio input device. This version is suitable for typical two-channel (stereo) playback or recording applications.
- Axia Livewire+ AES67 IP-Audio Multichannel OEM versions emulate 4, 8 or 24 stereo channel sound cards (depending upon installed version), with one stereo audio output device and one stereo audio input device per “sound card.” These versions are intended for more complex professional applications.
- Supports 5.1 surround audio streams as well as stereo, configurable on a per-stream basis.
- Windows version includes WDM and ASIO versions for maximum system flexibility.
Livewire+ AES67 IP-Audio Driver Specifications
Microsoft Windows™ Operating System Requirements
- Windows 7 and Windows 7 Pro (32- and 64-bit editions)
- Windows 8
- Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit editions)
- Minimum hardware requirements specified for your Windows operating system are sufficient to run the Axia IP-Audio Driver.
Linux Operating System Requirements
- The Axia IP-Audio Driver for Linux is sold exclusively through Paravel Systems.