CANON XA65 CAMCORDER
- 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor, DIG!C DV 6 Processor
- On-Screen Display (OSD) Time Stamp Recording
- Up to UHD 4K30 Video Recording
- Mini-HDMI and 3G-SDI Outputs
- Integrated 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- USB Type-C Output with UVC Support
- Infrared, Optical Image Stabilization
- 3.5″ Touchscreen LCD, Tiltable OLED EVF
- Record 4K in XF-AVC and MP4 Formats
- Dual SD Relay and Simultaneous Recording
- Dual XLR and Mic/Line Audio Input
Shoot, Record, Document, Stream
Shoot high quality 4K UHD video with the compact XA65. The camera delivers outstanding oversampled HD, advanced autofocus, a Canon 20x optical zoom lens, HD livestreaming with UVC1 via a USB-C connection to a PC or Mac and can capture footage for recording or sharing later in either XF-AVC or MP4 formats.
Compact Professional 4K UHD Camcorder
Capture stunning 4K UHD and Full HD images thanks to a 4K 1/2.3" type CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV6 image processor. Oversampled HD delivers Full HD images from the 4K sensor.
On-Screen Display (OSD) “Time Stamp” Recording
New to XA-Series cameras, the OSD recording embeds date, time, timecode and other data into your original camera files effectively “time stamping” the information into each frame of video, a requirement for legal and law enforcement videographers.
Professional Audio Controls
Two XLR terminals on a detachable handle plus 4-channel linear PCM bring a suite of pro audio options.
4K 20x Optical Zoom Lens
The XA65's lens covers a 29.3 – 601mm (35mm equivalent) range. Digital zoom boosts the 20x optical zoom to 800x magnification. To minimize camera shake, the camera provides Canon’s Dynamic IS 5-axis image stabilization.
Powerful Five-Axis Image Stabilization with Dynamic Mode
The electronic correction function substantially reduces image distortion, even when shooting while walking, resulting in clear and sharp videos.
Stream HD video directly from the camera via UVC1 to a PC or Mac computer.
1 USB-C cable required to connect to PC or Mac (Optional USB Cables IFC-400U, or IFC-150AB III not included). Audio output through USB is not supported.
Fast, Precise Focusing with Face Detection
Adjustable focusing speeds and advanced Hybrid AF give fast and precise focusing. Use the ultra-bright 3.5-inch LCD display to set focus by touching the AF point required. Face Detection AF and Face Tracking are available while Manual Focus is set via the focus/zoom ring.
Beautiful Bokeh Shapes
The XA65 features a circular aperture designed using EF lens series technology, providing natural and beautiful bokeh shapes that are nearly circular.
XF-AVC and MP4 for Flexible Recording
Choose from XF-AVC or MP4 recording formats. Record XF-AVC 4K UHD 160Mbps at 30P/24P and Full HD 45Mbps at 60P/60i/30P/24P. For smaller files, record MP4 in 4K 150Mbps at 30P/24P and Full HD 35Mbps or 17Mbps at 60P/30/24P.
Slow and Fast Motion Recording
Creative possibilities are further enhanced with Slow & Fast motion recording. Record Slow Motion in 0.4x Full HD or Fast Motion in 4K/Full HD up to 1200x.
Professional Input and Output
Output options include 3G-SDI, simultaneous backup and relay recording via dual SD cards and Infrared mode. Color match with other Canon cameras using the custom picture menu.
Two XLR terminals on a detachable handle plus 4-channel linear PCM bring pro audio options.
- 1/2.3-inch 4K UHD CMOS sensor
- Zooming ratio, focal length (35 mm camera equivalent): 20x optical zoom, approx. 29.3 - 601mm 4K UHD (Dynamic IS off/Standard IS on) / approx. 30.5 - 627mm Full HD (Dynamic IS off/Standard IS on)
- Aperture: 8 blades
- Image Stabilizer: Optical + electronic correction
Infrared camera supported
- 3.5-inch (approx. 2.76 million dots), LCD, Capacitive touch panel
- 0.36-inch (approx. 1.77 million dots), OLED, tiltable
- MXF: YES (XF-AVC)
- AVCHD: NO
- MP4: YES
- LPCM 4ch audio: YES (not available during 720 recording)
- Simultaneous Recording: Double recording
- OSD Recording: YES
- Slow and Fast (S&F) Motion Recording: YES
- Cinema-look filters: NO
- Built-in memory: NO
- Memory card: SD card (2 slots)
Professional use terminals
- SDI terminal: YES (3G-SDI)
- GENLOCK, TC: NO
- XLR terminal (INPUT 1, INPUT 2): YES
- HDMI, separate headphones, USB (USB Type-C), DC IN (USB Type-C), remote and MIC terminal (supports plug-in power)
- Handle unit: Cold shoe
- YES (XLR terminal, built-in infrared light, mic holder, cold shoe, zoom lever, trigger, tally lamp)
- NO (Accessories supported)
Lens hood with barrier
- Approx. 4.3 x 3.3 x 7.2 in. / 109 x 84 x 182mm
- Body only: Approx. 1.65 lbs. / 750 g
- Lens hood, mic holder unit, handle unit, BP-820 and memory card (1 pc) included: Approx. 2.51 lbs. / 1140 g
- XA65 Body
- Lens Cap
- Lens Hood with Lens Barrier
- Microphone Holder Unit\
- Handle Unit
- USB Power Adapter PD-E1
- AC Cable
- Battery Pack BP-820
- Limited 1-Year Warranty