MVP TerraLink REMI Encoder (2U) – “Truck in a Box”
Rackmount encoders for OB and Remote Production for Live Streaming, upgradable with bonded modems
The WMT Terralink encoder family is Mobile Viewpoint’s portable servers that are typically used for professional outside broadcast and other point-to-point live streaming needs. The 19” rack mountable units can be used in SNG trucks, outside broadcast vans or studio set-up’s to send live video streams reliably, in high quality and with low latency. The enhanced REMI encoder provides additional remote production features.
The enhanced 2U Terralink xKxC (where K is the video format and C is number of video input channels) is a multi-camera encoder that can support up to 4 inputs and up to 4K video formats.
The standard 1U Terralink encoder can support video return, IFB and the option of bonded internal modems (5G/4G/3G) within the 1U form factor.
The enhanced 2U server additionally supports REMI (remote production) features including RCP control, Tally Light control and an enhanced IFB intercom utilizing integrated PreSonus hardware within the encoder.
All encoders can operate with the WMT range of decoders that are installed at the receiving end. The 2U enhanced encoder requires the 2U equivalent decoder to take advantage of the REMI features.
All encoders in the field can be remotely managed and controlled via Linkmatrix, a free-to-use management platform that operates from a browser on any device. This means non-technical journalists and production people in the field do not need to manage the units directly. Linkmatrix can manage individual encoders, destinations, show proxies, record & go, video return, transmission and cellular network status, and set-ip an array of different configurations.
More information about the LinkMatrix management portal
2WAYLINK – this is an optional features to effectively allow the encoder to become both an encoder and decoder. A license can be added at any time to enable this feature on the 2C or 4C.
Standard video return is 720p via HDMI, but with 2WAYLINK it is possible to receive a full HD stream via HD-SDI. It can be used for high quality viewing or where local mixing is needed.
For 2WAYLINK to work, any return video needs a decoder in the network path.
Go to available decoder and server options
- H.265/H.264 Encoder
- Enhanced 1, 2 or 4 livestreams input options (3G and 12G SDI) with REMI
- IP outputs – NDI, RTMP, RTSP, MPEG-TS
- Ethernet, WiFi and/or Satellite connections and upgradable with bonded modems (5G/4G/3G)
- Remote (web-based) management
- Standard 720p video return & IFB
- Internet hotspot (LAN and WiFi), Store & Forward concurrently with video live stream
- Point-to-point transmission or cloud decoding
- Adaptive encoding & full error correction
- 2WAYLink optional feature for full HD video return
Mobile Viewpoint WMT Family of TerraLink Encoders
For Mobile and Remote Production for Live Streaming
- Outside Broadcast & Remote Production
- Portable 19’ rack mount encoders
- Multicamera support
- TerraLink Mini – small stand alone encoder
- Internal Modem Option
- 4K /1080i/p/720p/ NTSC/ PAL
- Additional Remote Production Features
- RCP, IFB & Tally support
- 2WAYLink – encode and decode full HD-SDI video return
- Store & Forward
- Video Return (HDMI) and IFB Support
The WMT TerraLink encoder family is Mobile Viewpoint’s portable servers typically used for professional outside broadcast and other point-to-point live streaming needs.
Except for the TerraLink Mini (-M), they are 19’ rack mountable. They can be used in SNG trucks, outside broadcast vans, or studio-to-studio to send live video streams reliably, in high quality, and with low latency.
- Standard - 1, 2 or 4 live streams input options (3G and 12G SDI)
- 1x 4K stream support
- Bonded options with multiple cellular SIM support from different providers
- Bonded 5G/4G/3G/WiFi/LAN/Satelite
- REMI options for remote production support
- H.265 and H.264
- Adaptive encoding
- Separate ethernet connectivity simultaneously while live video streaming
- Supports IFB/ audio comms
- Outputs for video return/teleprompter
- 1U Server- standard encoder
- 2U rack model available – for additional REMI features and PerSonus enhanced IFB
- REMI Option including RCP and Tally Control
- IFB Support (with enhanced PreSonus IFB Intercom option)
- Point-to-point connection
- Receiving end (decoder) has a choice of SDI and/or IP outputs
- LinkMatrix – encoders and decoders fully managed by a free remote feature-rich management portal