Broadcast HD Video Transmission over Public Internet and IP Networks
Zixi is a software-based platform enabling reliable transmission of broadcast-quality HD video globally over unmanaged internet connections and private IP networks. Zixi patented technology uses advanced error correction techniques to manage jitter, packet loss, and latency to ensure error-free video transmission. It is available as appliance, standalone installable or SDK for any platform. The growing number of partners building Zixi into their platforms is extending the Zixi standard for IP delivery. Zixi allows for mobile, embedded and on-premise solutions, complemented with cloud-based service platform. Unlike other protocols, Zixi provides fixed and predictable latency that can be sub-second worldwide.
Zixi Platform capabilities:
- I/O’s – Zixi TS, MPEG-TS, RTMP, HLS, FLV, MPEG-DASH, HDS,TS
- Format Conversion – HLS/HDS/MPEG-DASH/RTMP/FLV
- Transcoding – H.264 transcoding to a variety of profiles / bit rates
- Recording – store input as an Mpeg-TS file
- On-premise or Cloud-based
- HTTP API Control of All Functions
- Time-shifted Playout – delayed stream will send out up to 24 hours
- Unicast/Multicast- supports unicast/multicast inputs and outputs
- Steam Monitoring – captures statistical information in real-time
- Stream Analyzing – MPEG-TS ETSI TR 101-290 analyzer.
- Encryption – Stream encryption with up to 256-bit AES encryption.
- Load-balancing & Clustering – provide continuous up time with alternate hosts and/or alternate transmission paths
- Adaptive Bit Rate – a Flexible creation of groups containing user-specified adaptive bitrates. Supports HLS, HDS, and MPEG-DASH
- Bonding – Use multiple connections to aggregate bandwidth, Hitless recovery from complete link drops or congestion
- Accelerated File Transfer – Accelerated and secure file transfers delivered at wire speed, and accelerated HTTP delivery including optimized playback of HLS and HDS over UDP.
More about Zixi:
Zixi’s three-point architecture transforms the Internet, making it ideal for video
- Overcomes video limitations of packet-based networks
- Delivers rock-solid speed and reliability, in contrast to P2P systems
- Integrates with current equipment and production workflows
- Inputs: encoders, ASI, etc.
- Input formats: MPEG-TS (UDP, RTP) RTMP, etc.
- Multi-level QoS protection
- AES encryption
- Creates a protected stream on the Internet
- Flexible deployment – Easy connection to existing devices and integrated with many popular encoders
- Stream termination, replication, conversion
- Live and/or VOD play-out to mobile devices
- Backup/fail over capabilities
- Manages and delivers protected streams whenever and wherever needed
- Can be deployed on customer premises or used in Zixi’s cloud services
- Delivers protected streams to studios, head-ends, teleports and mobile devices
- Provides redundancy and fallback for critical streams
- Ensures complete QoS from origin to delivery
In a Video on Demand Quality comparison, Zixi sustained 4~8x higher quality bitstreams over the Internet and up to 1,000 times faster delivery of TS files vs. HTTP/TCP. This was tested over a home-grade ADSL, with max 10Mbps bandwidth, and consistent 2% packet loss.
- Studio Quality – Transport flawless live broadcast-qualityvideo over standard, unmanaged Internet connections
- Quickest Setup – No change in current production workflow
- Significantly Reduces Cost compared to satellite and fiber
- Increases Revenue – Content providers can directly connect to subscribers
- Network bonding
- Dynamic assessment of link quality
- Content-aware Bandwidth Optimization technology
- Dynamic de-jitter buffer and null bit sequence compression option
- Hybrid intelligent error correction mechanism:
- Content-aware Forward Error Correction (CA-FEC)
- Content-aware Automatic Repeat Request (ARQ) packet loss recovery
- Seamless Adaptive bitrate over UDP, unicast or multicast
- Support for all industry-standard video codecs and formats
- Built-in Encryption, Monitoring, stream analyzing and QoS statistics
- Full API for embedded integration by encoder, camera, decoder OEMs
- Fixed and predictable latency that can be sub-second worldwide
- Dynamic adaptive bit rate control with encoder backpressure feedback based on available bandwidth